Pages

Thursday 5 April 2012

Quick and Easy Downsizing a Bedspread

I was offered a double bedspread set and in the end really didn't need it.  However, Phin needed a single bedspread now that he is out of the cot.... so I sewed and overlocked the edges after.  A double is approx 200x200cm.  A single is about 135cm across.  I took off 65cm.  Very easy, but make sure you pin bedspread together and chalk the line as it is a lot of fabric and can be a little unwieldy.

As it was very plain and I have so many random bits of fabric, I found a tiger print fabric I had and ironed a double fold under and sewed a band across the bottom of the bedspread.  I ended up having to join two pieces together.  Not perfect, but as far as small boys are concerned, tigers are just really cool and they couldn't care less about seams. 
 

A small square of fabric was left over, so I just sewed it onto a pillowcase.  I sewed it to the far right as Phin can then turn his head and see the tiger.  He thinks that is awesome, but if you think too scary (?!), maybe put it in the middle.  Or don't choose tigers.  Fluffy bunnies or something.


Ignore walls and carpet.  I have plans for jungle themed bedroom, but sadly the boys have to wait until we finish other rooms first.

No comments:

Post a Comment