Pages

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Fabric Covered Coat-Hangers

Mitsuyo started this really, but after I had finished covering my shoeboxes, I had some leftover strips of fabric that I was going to throw away.  I suddenly remembered Mitsuyo cutting strips of fabric and wrapping them around a plastic coathanger.

fabric covered coat hangers


All you need is some double-sided tape, and some fabric scraps. 
Cut a section of tape.  Unpeel one side of the tape and stick down onto hanger.  Then gradually peel back the top layer of tape and begin sticking on fabric.  You need to fold under one edge of the fabric and start at top of hook.

You only need to fold under one edge of the fabric (because this is the edge that is edge that is visible on top).  The raw edge gradually gets covered as you wrap it around.  I recommend you try it out before sticking on tape if you need to visualise it..  It's very easy though.

I was going to put my hanger in the boys' wardrobe, but realised how great it is at holding cardigans etc, which usually slip off plastic coathangers.  So I'm keeping it. Mitsuyo cut off the little hooks at the bottom of the hanger, but I decided to keep them as they can be useful.  I just had a little hassle wrapping around them.

fabric covered coat hanger

Such a good way to use up fabric scraps.  Brilliant

No comments:

Post a Comment