Pages

Saturday 21 April 2012

Decoupage People Puzzle Blocks

I found this project in an old book about paper crafts I think.  I went with the pictures they had in the book.  It took a few goes to get the template right for it.  Quite a fiddly project, but very cute once it's finished.  I was going to give it as a gift, but it took so long I decided to keep it.  I would use more magazine colours if I was going to do it again.  (like cutting out shapes from pics of grass/trees etc for green) I used old wrapping paper too which has fun patterns.


The tower block sizes I used were: 10cm, 8cm, 6cm, 4cm.  Next time I would make them hollow (5 sided) so you could more easily store them away.  But they do take a bit of effort to make so you're going to want to display them anyway.
The blocks were from some very thick cardboard I taped together and then did a few layers of paper mache on.  I then wrapped them in dark wrapping paper I had.

The 4 characters are: Fireman, Princess, Gypsy, Clown.  Draw up your templates and trace around onto chosen papers.  Cut out and assemble before gluing onto blocks.  Once all glued on, paint at least 3 coats of varnish.  Sand lightly between coats.


Yes, there is a bird on her head.



No comments:

Post a Comment