Pages

Monday 9 April 2012

Pixelated Art

I have been obessed with pixelated images for years.  One of my end of year projects when I was studying sculpture was a huge (massive really - about 2 storeys high approx) pixelated mills & boon quilt.  I think it still remains one of my favourite things I ever made.  Will have to find the images of it. 

Anyway, I came across the website of a company called ixxi, who I think do the coolest pixellated images.  I immediately fell in love with The Girl in the Pearl Earring as a pixellated image.  So I photoshopped my own version and went to the local photo printer to print 200 or so individual block colour 6x4 prints (with the intention to cut down to 4x4). 

Only problem is, I realised I don't have anywhere to put it as the image will be about 1.3 x 2 metres high.  Still thinking what to do about that.  New house?  New furniture?

No comments:

Post a Comment