Pages

Monday 16 April 2012

Collage Frames

I had been dragging a bunch of large wooden frames I picked up from a framing studio's rubbish about 15 years ago.  They sat in the garage of each house waiting....

In the end, I decided to give them the rainbow collage treatment.  This is time consuming.  Again, a good time filler or something to do while watching TV, listening to music etc etc etc......  Not everyone can knit, but collage is easy.

So choose your colour.  I have done a neutral one for my sister-in-law with whites, and an aqua one for myself.  Cut your mosaic tiles from LOTS of old magazines.  Paste onto the frame, overlapping pieces and smoothing out with your fingers.


I have turned the frames into blackboards.  Measure the frame at the back, cut a piece of plywood or MDF to required size and paint with at least 2 coats of blackboard paint, sanding in between coats. 


This is an unfinished red one for my other sister-in-law.  As I tend to give most of the things I make away, and I tend to make things at the very last minute, I never seem to have photos of anything completely finished.  Oh well.



No comments:

Post a Comment