Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Wedding Pew Bows

My gorgeous sister just got married so it has been a crazy few weeks.  She loves bright colours, so we were commissioned to make bows for the pews.  My mum googled and found one that she thought we could have a go at.  It involves tulle, ribbon, beads and silk flowers - although we found some lovely foam roses at Spotlight which we ended up using.  The church is an old wooden one - very dark interior and richly coloured stained glass windows, so the red Michelle chose worked really well I think.


We were just going to use wire to tie it all together, which was fine for the tulle part, but my aunt came around to help tie bows (not my strongest point - it is very difficult to tie a symmetrical bow I discovered) and she had us all hand stitching the ribbon, beads and roses to the top.  Sounds difficult, but actually very simple and quick.  We had it done in a few hours. 



Top tip: Get a few people over to help for stuff like this.  It's more sociable and you can get a production line going with each person doing the part they are best at.  Maybe break out the bubbles after you've finished though.

No comments:

Post a Comment